Thursday 20 December 2012

INTERIOR BRIEF ( TRAFFORD CENTRE)


TRAFFORD CENTER (INTERIOR BRIEF)

PLANNING,

For our second brief we where given the task of photographing a interior location where we were not in total control of the light.
At first i has the idea of photographing the Trafford centre so i went and took some practice shots, but on the day that i went i had 5 children in tow so it did not really go to plan, i than decided to try and photograph Manchester Cathedral. The first time i went to this location i ran into a problem by going when a service was due to start so i was asked not to take any images until the service had finished. I waited around and than was rushed out of the cathedral due to them wanting to close which i was rather unhappy about. I than went back a week later and spent a few hours taking some photographs but when the images were printed i was not overall happy with the due to the dark shadows at the top of the arches and the way in which the flash was rebounding around the building. I than went back to my first location being Trafford centre in order to complete my images.

EQUIPMENT,

  • Canon 650 d
  • Canon 10-55mm lens
  • Tripod

CATHEDRAL TEST SHOTS,




  

these are a few of my test shots from Manchester Cathedral i was inspired to try my location photography in the Cathedral after having a look at a photographer by the name of Raymond Kerr who photographed Fountains Abbey as well as the keep, he photographed many different subject lines such as festivals , animals and human portraits.

THE TRAFFORD CENTRE TEST SHOTS,







Above are my test shots for the Trafford centre ,i thought that the shopping centre would be great to photograph due to the decorations and designs.I used the light from the artificial lighting around the center as well as the day light from the windows.

TRAFFORD CENTER FINAL 10 IMAGES,












All together it took me about four trips to the Trafford center in order to get the actual images that i wanted to get , that i felt where good enough to submit for my final 10 images.

CONCLUSION , 

Overall i fell rather happy with my images, it took a bit of practice to be able to get the images straight. I have noticed that there was some noise at the top of the image with the marble stairs, which i believe i should have checked the camera settings and focal view more carefully. 
I was rather happy with my image of the fountain on which i used a slow shutter speed , and i believe with more practice i can still improve this skill alot. I did not photo shop my final images as i thought the images where quite ok the way they where.
I have decided since doing this brief that i would like to carry on shooting in this type of environment in my spare time as i liked photographing the details of the shopping center as well as the people who are all within their own little worlds while walking and shopping together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment