Tuesday 27 November 2012

BRIEF 1 - EXTERIOR BRIEF (LANDSCAPES).

Exterior brief (landscapes).


PLANNING, 

For our first brief we were given the task to carry out some exterior photography, we were to take 10 images outside where we would not be in charge of the weather or the lighting conditions.

In Thursday's class we got together in groups to come up with ideas as a group and create mind maps for our ideas on street photography,
below is my mind map;



I than went on to choose rural photography basing my images on three separate locations which were;
  1. Dover beach , Dover , Kent, 
  2. A small park near my house,
  3. and finally Debdale park.

I than went on to consider what equipment i needed to be able to shoot at my chosen locations , as well as what to consider in aspect of the angles and colors of the images that i would shoot.

EQUIPMENT / PLANNING.

The equipment i used in order to take my image's where as follows,

  1. 4GB memory card, 
  2. Canon 600d for the first half of the project than i went on to a Canon 650d, 
  3. Canon 18-55mm lens.
I than went to my chosen locations where i had decided to take my images in order to take a brief walk around the areas in order to choose which subjects to photograph as well as the angles that i would photograph them in order to be able to capture the location at its best possible angle.
At first i chose to shoot landscapes without horizon's but i than went on to change my mind to photograph all landscapes with and without horizons.

TEST SHOOTS, 






  
I used natural lighting throughout all of my images which meant i had to keep changing mi iso due to the changing lighting conditions .

MY FINAL IMAGE'S

I lost some of my final images due to losing my camera and memory cards, so i am not able to place all of my final images up , but the remaining ones are below;


(Canon 650D , 1/120, F-18)

(Canon 650D , 1/120, F-18)


(Canon 650D , 1/120, F-18)

(Canon 650D , 1/120, F-18)


It took me around two weeks to be able to capture all my images due to the changing weather conditions as well as finding the time to be able to go out and shoot.

CONCLUSION. 

Due to this being the first time i have really put my mind to doing landscape photography i was rather pleased with my final images, i do feel as if i should have managed my time a lot better when it came to doing the actual photo shoots. 
I believe i could have done a lot better on my overall images by correcting such things as the sky  being over exposed . I was rather pleased with my depth of field image as this was the first time that this technique actually worked out well for me.
I did not retouch or change my images in any way due to not having the software or the knowledge to be able to carry these actions out.Now due to the knowledge i am gaining in class i feel a
lot more comfortable to use photoshop on my images as well as re-sizing them. 
All together i believe that i have done a lot better than i expected , but i am also aware of the actions i need to carry out in order to improve my images for my future brief's.

No comments:

Post a Comment